Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This is my favorite vegan dessert recipe. I got it from "American Vegetarian Cookbook" by Marilyn Diamond. Sometimes I throw health concerns out the window and use corn syrup instead of honey. Live dangerously, right?
Top Review by jpie117
Made my first Vegan cake ever and it was a hit. I gave some of it out for people to try and hubby got mad cause he wanted more for him. I used my own frosting recipe but the cake came out yummy and I like that it calls for no sugar (i didnt have any in the house). Will make this again!
- 158.51 ml maple syrup or 158.51 ml honey
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml egg substitute
- 14.79 ml soy lecithin (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 473.18 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 350. Cream together the syrup, oil, and egg replacer. Add lecithin and bananas.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add carob or chocolate chips, then fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture, stirring just to moisten and combine. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 8-inch cake or Bundt pan. Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until cake tests done with a wooden toothpick. Cool on wire rack.