Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This is my favorite vegan dessert recipe. I got it from "American Vegetarian Cookbook" by Marilyn Diamond. Sometimes I throw health concerns out the window and use corn syrup instead of honey. Live dangerously, right?
Top Review by jpie117
Made my first Vegan cake ever and it was a hit. I gave some of it out for people to try and hubby got mad cause he wanted more for him. I used my own frosting recipe but the cake came out yummy and I like that it calls for no sugar (i didnt have any in the house). Will make this again!
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup or 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 350. Cream together the syrup, oil, and egg replacer. Add lecithin and bananas.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add carob or chocolate chips, then fold dry ingredients into creamed mixture, stirring just to moisten and combine. Don't overmix.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 8-inch cake or Bundt pan. Bake approximately 40 minutes, or until cake tests done with a wooden toothpick. Cool on wire rack.