1/1 Photo of Vegan Banana Chocolate Cake
1 hr 10 mins
With age, we thought of eating less and less eggs and milk, but we still like cakes, so a vegan recipe was found and adapted and some chocolate around the house was added. And, it became the most moist chocolate cake we've ever had. Next time we'll try it without the chocolates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil or 75 g vegetable oil
- 3 ounces chocolate pieces (optional) or 85 g chocolate pieces (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (depending on whether you want it medium sweet or sweet, i use 30g for semi-sweet) or 50 -100 g brown sugar (depending on whether you want it medium sweet or sweet, i use 30g for semi-sweet)
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed with fork or processor) or 5 small bananas (mashed with fork or processor) or 450 g bananas (mashed with fork or processor)
- 2 cups flour (can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder) or 235 g flour (can be replaced by half Whole Wheat Flour and half oatmeal powder)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optionally doubled)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optionally doubled)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optionally doubled)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts (optional) or 100 g mixed nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional) or 100 g dried fruits (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°c or 375°F.
- 2Put oil, chocolate, and sugar in a medium pot and stir over small fire until just melted.
- 3Remove pan from fire. Add nuts and raisins then mashed banana to lower the temperture.
- 4Combine all DRY ingredients and stir into the pot.
- 5Bake appx. 25 minutes for cupcakes, and appx. 50 minutes for loaves depending on the size of your pans. Watch out for color and check for doneness by sticking in a wooden stick, should come out dry.
- 6Tip: If the color is already golden brown but the cake is still wet, cover with foil and continue baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Banana Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g