Recipe by Dina Cohen
I kind of improvised this recipe, so the measures may not be exact. I will need to test it a couple of time. However, it makes a delicious, moist banana bread. Low fat and vegan!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 cup applesauce or 1 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Mash the banana and the applesauce together.
- Add oil, vanilla and sugar. Mix well.
- Sift flour, salt and soda together and add to banana mixture with walnuts or chocolate chips, if using.
- Put into loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to rack to cool completely before cutting.