Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Back when I was vegan...yeah, those interesting times. I have to say that whatever your food choices this is THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER. Seriously. Even my family (non-vegan, food nazis) loved it. But you can always replace soy milk with cows milk and make this non vegan. recipe from http://www.theppk.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 8x4 bread pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream together the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. Bake for an hour to an hour 10 minutes.
I chose this because we were out of eggs. It's delicious! I used rice milk instead of soy, and accidentally left out the vanilla. I will probably cut back on the sugar a little bit next time.
This recipe is excellent! Before I popped it in the oven I sprinkled some sugar over the top and it gave it a nice sparkly crust. Thanks for posting!