Chef #1290988's Note:
Gooooood, New Farm Recipe found on Post Punk Kitchen forum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Cook pasta according to directions.
- 3Meanwhile, melt margarine over low heat in a medium to large saucepan.
- 4Beat in flour with a wire whisk and continue to beat over a medium flame until the mixture (called roux) is smooth and bubbly.
- 5Whip in boiling water, salt, soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric, beating well to dissolve the roux.
- 6The sauce should cook until it thickens and bubbles.
- 7Next, whip in oil and nutritional yeast flakes.
- 8Mix some of the sauce with the noodles and put in casserole dish.
- 9Pour a generous amount of sauce on top.
- 10Sprinkle w/ paprika and bake for 15 minutes.
- 11Put under the broiler for a few minutes until "cheese" sauce gets stretchy and crisp.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.2
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1339.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g