Here is a simple recipe using healthy ingredients to make a fabulous chocolate pudding. You won't taste the avocado! Enjoy!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, washed, peeled and seed removed. Cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 g) packetno calorie stevia, sweetleaf all natural stevia artificial sweetener (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup light unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk, more if needed
- 1 1⁄2 scoops chocolate protein powder, use your favorite protein powder that has no more than 100 calories and less than 2 grams of fat per
- Using a blender or magic bullet, place all the ingredients into the container and blend until all is combined and is thick. If you need more milk, add a little at a time. Remember this is not a smoothie, it's pudding. A very rich pudding.
- Pour into 6 individual dessert dishes, cover and place in fridge for about a half hour. Store in fridge but must be eaten within one day.
- Makes 6 petite but very rich tasting servings.
Delicious avocado pudding! Like another reviewer, I only had vanilla protein powder, but that was great, too. Also I omitted the additional stevia because with the honey and stevia sweetened protein powder the pudding was already plenty sweet. Love the idea of adding protein powder. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014
This recipe caused a miracle. Both my 5yo and my picky husband ate avocado and liked it! I cut the recipe in half to use up a leftover avocado, only had vanilla protein powder, and used 6-8 drops of liquid stevia for the sweetener. Even with these changes this was great, and my daughter asked me to make her more of it tomorrow. I'd like to try this with other protein flavors, like cookies and cream, or even the chocolate the recipe calls for. I think my half batch had 5 carbs in the whole thing using u/s almond milk. Thanks for sharing.
Hi, I made this tonight for dessert. We all loved it! I follow your blog and really like your recipes.