Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
"BLT Rigatoni" veganized.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into a large dice
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 bunch arugula (about 2 cups)
- Cook rigatoni until al dente. Finely chop onion and garlic. Coarsely chop leaves of arugula.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onin and garlic and cook until softened, about five minutes. Add wine, bring to a simmer and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring occaisionally, until thickened, about twenty minutes.
- In large bowl, combine ooked rigatoni with the sauce. Add the basil and arugula; toss. Drizzle with olive oil.