This recipe is delicious - I originally found it in the vegancooking community on livejournal.com and it turned out so nicely that I saved it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 prepared vegan pie crusts (Whole Foods offers a good selection)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 eggs, replacements (such as Ener-G)
- 1 (9 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese (available at Whole Foods)
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (or your preferred hot sauce)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Bake pie crust for 10 to 15 minutes, until just barely cooked.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- 4Add garlic and continue to sauté until onion is golden.
- 5In a bowl, combine egg replacements, onion mixture and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT remaining olive oil.
- 6Fill pre-baked crust with mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with a bit more soy cheese and drizzle remaining olive oil over top.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pie is set and golden on top. Let cooked pie rest a few minutes before cutting to serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Artichoke Pie
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan pie crusts
vegan parmesan cheese