Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is delicious - I originally found it in the vegancooking community on livejournal.com and it turned out so nicely that I saved it here.
- 1 prepared vegan pie crusts (Whole Foods offers a good selection)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 eggs, replacements (such as Ener-G)
- 1 (9 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried parsley)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated vegan parmesan cheese (available at Whole Foods)
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (or your preferred hot sauce)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pie crust for 10 to 15 minutes, until just barely cooked.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté until onion is golden.
- In a bowl, combine egg replacements, onion mixture and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT remaining olive oil.
- Fill pre-baked crust with mixture.
- Sprinkle with a bit more soy cheese and drizzle remaining olive oil over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pie is set and golden on top. Let cooked pie rest a few minutes before cutting to serve.