Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was wanting a vegan version of antipasta salad, and dabbled a bit to come up with this. I need sides so when my vegan friends come over they have good choices to choose from that are delicious!
- 1 lb fusilli
- 4 cups chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 3 cups artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and drained
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground red pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente and then chill in ice cold water until needed.
- In a large boil add your chick peas, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, onions and black olives. Drain pasta and add.
- In a seperate jar add your olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and peppers.
- Shake contents in jar until blended well. Pour over oil mixture over veggies.
- Toss and serve.
This is very good! It makes a lot so cut it in half if you're not serving it to at least 10 people. Very tasty and it threw together easily. I did add feta cheese to one serving and that was a lovely addition for the non-vegans out there, but it's equally good without. Thanks!