Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hey it rhymes! (butterless) Non vegans, try adding some parmesan to each plate.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (not packed in oil)
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tablespoon chopped dried)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (or more)
- 2 cups spinach fettuccine (or any type of pasta)
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Boil fettucini noodles al dente and drain.
- Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little the of the liquid from the can of artichokes.
- Cut the artichokes into small pieces.
- Add the artichokes (and liquid) into the saute with a little flour to thicken.
- Mix thoroughly, adding soy or rice milk and flour to desired thickness.
- Don't cook the artichokes for long, just enough to heat all ingredients and to blend sauce to desired thickness.
- Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
- Garnish as desired.
Delicious! It didn't quite taste like an alfredo to me, but I don't think it should be changed either. The combo of artichokes, tomatoes, basil, etc. all taste fantastic together and made a really healthy and flavorful pasta. We enjoyed it with Recipe #185439. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.