1/1 Photo of Vegan Artichoke and Tomato Alfredo
Hey it rhymes! (butterless) Non vegans, try adding some parmesan to each plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (not packed in oil)
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tablespoon chopped dried)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or more)
- 2 cups spinach fettuccine (or any type of pasta)
- 1Bring pot of water to a rolling boil.
- 2Boil fettucini noodles al dente and drain.
- 3Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little the of the liquid from the can of artichokes.
- 4Cut the artichokes into small pieces.
- 5Add the artichokes (and liquid) into the saute with a little flour to thicken.
- 6Mix thoroughly, adding soy or rice milk and flour to desired thickness.
- 7Don't cook the artichokes for long, just enough to heat all ingredients and to blend sauce to desired thickness.
- 8Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
- 9Garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Artichoke and Tomato Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: