Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Hey it rhymes! (butterless) Non vegans, try adding some parmesan to each plate.
Make and share this Vegan Artichoke and Tomato Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (not packed in oil)
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tablespoon chopped dried)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (or more)
- 2 cups spinach fettuccine (or any type of pasta)
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Boil fettucini noodles al dente and drain.
- Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little the of the liquid from the can of artichokes.
- Cut the artichokes into small pieces.
- Add the artichokes (and liquid) into the saute with a little flour to thicken.
- Mix thoroughly, adding soy or rice milk and flour to desired thickness.
- Don't cook the artichokes for long, just enough to heat all ingredients and to blend sauce to desired thickness.
- Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
- Garnish as desired.
Delicious! It didn't quite taste like an alfredo to me, but I don't think it should be changed either. The combo of artichokes, tomatoes, basil, etc. all taste fantastic together and made a really healthy and flavorful pasta. We enjoyed it with Lemon and Parmesan Risotto. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.