Hey it rhymes! (butterless) Non vegans, try adding some parmesan to each plate.
Make and share this Vegan Artichoke and Tomato Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (not packed in oil)
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 3 tablespoon chopped dried)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (or more)
- 2 cups spinach fettuccine (or any type of pasta)
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Boil fettucini noodles al dente and drain.
- Place onion, tomato, garlic and basil in a non-stick pan and saute in a little the of the liquid from the can of artichokes.
- Cut the artichokes into small pieces.
- Add the artichokes (and liquid) into the saute with a little flour to thicken.
- Mix thoroughly, adding soy or rice milk and flour to desired thickness.
- Don't cook the artichokes for long, just enough to heat all ingredients and to blend sauce to desired thickness.
- Top the pasta with the artichoke sauce.
- Garnish as desired.