Recipe by Enjolinfam
This is probably one of our favorite deserts! It's a good vegan comfort food. We got it from a friend and altered it to perfection.
Top Review by Chef Joey Z.
I made this cake this afternoon and it turned out very good. It is a very dense cake, that's for sure. The house smelled so delicious while it was baking. I used 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt in place of the eggs and I used 1 1/4 tsps. of Pumpkin Pie spice as I didn't have the allspice. I think this would go great with a scoop of Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream or some Vegan Caramel Sauce. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 egg substitute, equivalent to 2 egg or 1⁄2 cup soft silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 cups apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop walnuts and dice apples.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar, egg substitute, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add this to the oil-and-sugar mixture and stir by hand, approximately 200 strokes, until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts and diced apples. The batter will be a little stiff.
- Pour it into a greased and floured 10-inch tube or Bundt pan or use two bread pans.
- Bake the cake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.