Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a veganized version of a favorite stuffing recipe in my family. When I became a vegan a few years ago, my mom and I converted all of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes, and this one turned out especially great in vegan form. You could easily make in non-vegan by using real sausage instead. This makes quite a bit, so feel free to halve the recipe.
- 2 packages plain seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) package Lightlife Gimme Lean ground sausage (or other veggie sausage)
- 5 -6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 4 apples, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onions, celery and garlic in a little bit of oil or butter over medium-high heat until limp.
- Cook the sausage according to directions.
- Mix everything together and bake in a greased baking dish for one hour at 350.
I made a half traditional-half vegan Thanksgiving this for my family and vegan sister. Everyone loved this, and even my picky husband couldn't tell the difference from the meat version.