Recipe by animal lover
ok, so first i wanted to make apple cinnamon buns, but i didnt have enough sugar, so i had chopped apples and was going to make apple oatmeal cookies, then half way through, i realized i didnt have enough sugar still so i needed to be creative. i hope you enjoy it :)
Whisk together and set aside
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 1 1⁄2 cups of quaker instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup of quaker instant cinnamon roll oatmeal
- 1 cup peeled and chopped apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and apples; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.