Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a vegan cookbook. The first time I made them they were ok but not great. Than I made them again and made the apples a bit smaller and added 1/4 a cup more of sugar and they came out wonderful. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups plain soymilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Last but not least
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease muffin tins.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate vessel.
- Add wet to dry and mix well. Batter will be lumpy.
- Mix in chopped apple.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! Tastes great with cinnamon butter.
I halved the recipe but kept the original amount of apple. A half recipe made with a large chopped red delicious apple made 24 mini muffins for me. I gave the recipe five stars because this is how I like my muffins to taste. Others might want to add a little extra sugar to the recipe. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
I loved this recipe. No big mods except for using almond milk, regular flour, and extra spices. I should have remembered to sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on top, but forgot. Next time!
These were pretty good. I halved the recipe (ending up with 8 muffins) and followed everything to a tee. These weren't as sweet as I thought they'd be, but nonetheless, they had a wonderful taste. I think I'd use more apple next time though. Thanks for sharing!