Good way to use up extra figs. You can make a glaze too with 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1/2 T vanilla extract and 1 T skim milk. Just whisk them together and pour over the muffins. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine cereal and apple juice in large bowl.
- 3Let stand as you peel, core, and grate apple and chop figs.
- 4Add both along with oil and apple sauce. Sift dry ingredients into mixture and stir to make batter.
- 5Fill cups of oiled muffin pan or baking cups and bake about 18 minutes.
- 6Muffins are done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Apple-Fig Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 79.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: