Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Good way to use up extra figs. You can make a glaze too with 1/2 c powdered sugar, 1/2 T vanilla extract and 1 T skim milk. Just whisk them together and pour over the muffins. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cereal and apple juice in large bowl.
- Let stand as you peel, core, and grate apple and chop figs.
- Add both along with oil and apple sauce. Sift dry ingredients into mixture and stir to make batter.
- Fill cups of oiled muffin pan or baking cups and bake about 18 minutes.
- Muffins are done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.