Recipe by kristie1150
Heart Healthy Vegan Cookies, I made up this recipe as I was making it. There is no oils of any kind so your heart will thank you! They are a mild tasting, almost cake like, which are sweet but not too much. My kids loved them!
Top Review by amy1976
My daughter made these cookies for her health class assignment and everyone in the class hated them, but she brought them home and both my dogs love them. I think I am going to make them for the dogs as treats. They are a great healthy dog treat.
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (use ground flaxseed and mix with water as an egg substitute)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (Homemade is the best)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Egg Substitute whisk ground flax seed and water in it's own bowl.
- Mix Apple Sauce, Honey, Vanilla, lastly add in the egg replacers.
- In another bowl mix baking soda and flours.
- Add flour to the Apple sauce bowl and slowly blend together.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minute.