Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These can be made with any combination of fruits and nuts that you like. They are lightly sweet - which is good enough for me - but my kids usually pour on some maple syrup, or spread on some Nutella.
- I use an immersion blender to blend the banana and apple together. However you choose to do it, the mixture should be completely liquified. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flours and salt. Add the chopped nuts and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquified fruit into the flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Add enough water to the mixture to make a pourable batter - I usually use about 1/2 cup. You may need more or less depending upon the size and ripeness of your fruits.
- Make the pancakes one at a time by spreading 1/2 cup of batter in a large fry pan on medium high heat. Spread the batter out into a thin wide circle using the back of a metal spoon. My pancakes are usually 8-10 inches across. If the mixture doesn't spread easily, add more water.
- Cook without turning until the entire pancake looks dry - little air bubbles will pop all across the surface. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of oil on the top and then flip the cake. Cook on this side for three minutes or so, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.