Recipe by Tish
Why not make this version of ambrosia that can be enjoyed by your vegetarian and non veg friends! It doesn't lack for taste, really.
Top Review by Rayraytron5000
This was really good! It was my first time making a sauce using tofu, and I was surprised how well it worked! Instead of sugar, I used agave nectar- also added a bit of vanilla to the sauce as well. Had the kids helping with the fruit prep, and it was ready in no time! 5 stars for sure!!!
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup orange, chopped
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 1 cup organic grapes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soft tofu, pureed
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the fruit and coconut until well blended.
- Combine the cornstarch with the lemon juice in a medium saucepan and stir until well blended.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and add the sugar and orange juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Fold the puréed tofu, orange rind, and poppy seeds into the juice mixture and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit immediately before serving.