Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are one of my favorite cookies... they're so good and healthy too! They look beautiful enough for gifts and parties.. easy to make.. must try! Taken from sacfoodcoop.com
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or 1⁄3 cup fruit sweetener
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- raspberry preserves, for filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, juice, syrup, and extract together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough and form into balls.
- Flatten into circles and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Indent each cookie with your thumb and fill with 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry preserves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.