Recipe by Vittoria2008
Creamy and delicious...the perfect alternative to the normal Alfredo. Completely vegan and WAY less fat! Sometimes I add a package or can of spinach to the sauce to give it a twist.
Top Review by Laurenhanna
Was pretty good - but a little plain! So i added a couple cloves of minced garlic and added a little more cheese, i also used "earth balance" butter - and sprinkled the top of my dish with some fresh basil. I'm all about flavor but good recipe overall!! Thanks =)
- 1 lb lowfat silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons fat-free margarine (you could use regular or vegan butter...I prefer to keep everything low fat though!)
- 1⁄4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light soymilk (plain)
- salt and pepper (I personally think it needs a LOT of salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients except Soy Milk in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add milk as needed to create the right consistency for the sauce.
- Pour contents into a saucepan and heat thoroughly.
- Mix in spinach (if desired) and add salt and pepper.
- Pour over your favorite noodles!