Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Regular marshmallow fluff or cream is a no-no for vegans thanks to the egg whites, and reading the rest of the ingredients in the jarred stuff I wouldn't want to eat it anyways! Luckily homemade, vegan-friendly Fluff is easy and delicious! All measurements are dry weight.
- In a small saucepan, combine agar flakes and water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Bring agar mixture to a boil and boil for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into the bottom of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and agave nectar and place over medium high heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 238F on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Start the mixer and beat the agar for 2 minutes, then slowly begin to drizzle in the sugar syrup.
- Once all the syrup is in the bowl, increase the speed to high and beat until light and airy but still soft - about 25 minutes.
- Scrape into a container and store in the fridge.