1 hr 20 mins
Regular marshmallow fluff or cream is a no-no for vegans thanks to the egg whites, and reading the rest of the ingredients in the jarred stuff I wouldn't want to eat it anyways! Luckily homemade, vegan-friendly Fluff is easy and delicious! All measurements are dry weight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine agar flakes and water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Bring agar mixture to a boil and boil for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Pour mixture into the bottom of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and set aside.
- 4In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and agave nectar and place over medium high heat.
- 5Cook, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 238F on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- 6Start the mixer and beat the agar for 2 minutes, then slowly begin to drizzle in the sugar syrup.
- 7Once all the syrup is in the bowl, increase the speed to high and beat until light and airy but still soft - about 25 minutes.
- 8Scrape into a container and store in the fridge.
Nutritional Facts for Vegallow Fluff
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: