Recipe by pamela t.
These cute little pizzas are actually good for you, low in fat, tasty, and fit the Medditeranean diet style of eating --olive oil, artichokes, lean protein, veggies. You could serve this anytime of day. Change the toppings as you wish.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
WOW! This was so good. The pesto was the star of this dish and I can see making it for other applications. Plus the combo of the pesto with the chicken and Laughing Cow cheese is to die for. Well done!
For pizza crust
- 2 pita breads, split in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 4 ounces artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 4 ounces Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, split pitas in half. You will have 4 pita-size pizzas.
- Drain artichokes very well. Pat dry with paper towels. Drop into a food processor.
- Add 2 cloves garlic, oregano, basil, sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and ½ red bell pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil 1T at a time (3T in all) while you are pulsing ingredients. You want the consistency of a pesto spread.
- Meanwhile, place 4 pitas on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about ¼T each) and sprinkle with 1/4T oregano
- Put in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until browned. Do not burn. You may also toast these in a toaster oven, if preferred.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread each pizza with about 1 T of artichoke pesto.
- Cube cooked chicken (use 1 chicken breast, spray with cooking spray and bake in oven safe dish at 350 degrees about 30 minutes until juices run clear. It iwll depend on how thick --how many ounces--the breast is. You may have to cook it longer if it is a large breast. Cut into the meat to check for doneness.
- Chop green onions and dice cilantro.
- For each pizza, add ¼ chicken to each pizza. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
- add one wedge Laughing Cow cheese. Use a knife to separate it into small chunks.
- Place pizzas on a cookie sheet and return to hot oven.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Peel cucumber and cut into 4” matchstick size pieces. Lay out on flat surface.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Remove cooked pizzas from oven
- Top generously with cucumbers.
- Slice each pizza into 2 or 4 slices.