These cute little pizzas are actually good for you, low in fat, tasty, and fit the Medditeranean diet style of eating --olive oil, artichokes, lean protein, veggies. You could serve this anytime of day. Change the toppings as you wish.
For pizza crust
- 2 pita breads, split in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon oregano
- 4 ounces artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 4 ounces Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- Using a sharp knife, split pitas in half. You will have 4 pita-size pizzas.
- Drain artichokes very well. Pat dry with paper towels. Drop into a food processor.
- Add 2 cloves garlic, oregano, basil, sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and ½ red bell pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil 1T at a time (3T in all) while you are pulsing ingredients. You want the consistency of a pesto spread.
- Meanwhile, place 4 pitas on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about ¼T each) and sprinkle with 1/4T oregano
- Put in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until browned. Do not burn. You may also toast these in a toaster oven, if preferred.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread each pizza with about 1 T of artichoke pesto.
- Cube cooked chicken (use 1 chicken breast, spray with cooking spray and bake in oven safe dish at 350 degrees about 30 minutes until juices run clear. It iwll depend on how thick --how many ounces--the breast is. You may have to cook it longer if it is a large breast. Cut into the meat to check for doneness.
- Chop green onions and dice cilantro.
- For each pizza, add ¼ chicken to each pizza. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
- add one wedge Laughing Cow cheese. Use a knife to separate it into small chunks.
- Place pizzas on a cookie sheet and return to hot oven.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Peel cucumber and cut into 4” matchstick size pieces. Lay out on flat surface.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Remove cooked pizzas from oven
- Top generously with cucumbers.
- Slice each pizza into 2 or 4 slices.