1/2 Photos of Veg on a Wedge Pita Pizza
These cute little pizzas are actually good for you, low in fat, tasty, and fit the Medditeranean diet style of eating --olive oil, artichokes, lean protein, veggies. You could serve this anytime of day. Change the toppings as you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For pizza crust
- 4 ounces artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 ounces olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded
- 1Using a sharp knife, split pitas in half. You will have 4 pita-size pizzas.
- 2Drain artichokes very well. Pat dry with paper towels. Drop into a food processor.
- 3Add 2 cloves garlic, oregano, basil, sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and ½ red bell pepper.
- 4Drizzle in olive oil 1T at a time (3T in all) while you are pulsing ingredients. You want the consistency of a pesto spread.
- 5Meanwhile, place 4 pitas on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (about ¼T each) and sprinkle with 1/4T oregano
- 6Put in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until browned. Do not burn. You may also toast these in a toaster oven, if preferred.
- 7Remove from oven.
- 8Spread each pizza with about 1 T of artichoke pesto.
- 9Cube cooked chicken (use 1 chicken breast, spray with cooking spray and bake in oven safe dish at 350 degrees about 30 minutes until juices run clear. It iwll depend on how thick --how many ounces--the breast is. You may have to cook it longer if it is a large breast. Cut into the meat to check for doneness.
- 10Chop green onions and dice cilantro.
- 11For each pizza, add ¼ chicken to each pizza. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
- 12add one wedge Laughing Cow cheese. Use a knife to separate it into small chunks.
- 13Place pizzas on a cookie sheet and return to hot oven.
- 14Bake at 350 until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- 15Peel cucumber and cut into 4” matchstick size pieces. Lay out on flat surface.
- 16Sprinkle with sea salt.
- 17Remove cooked pizzas from oven
- 18Top generously with cucumbers.
- 19Slice each pizza into 2 or 4 slices.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veg on a Wedge Pita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 1678.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 21.7 g