Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A soup to really warm you up during winter!
Make and share this Veg-Lentil Meatball Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Place brown lentils in med sized pot - cover with approx 2cm of water. Bring to boil, then keep on a high simmer for 1 hour Keep kettle of water on the boil to top-up water level as needed. Place aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mince garlic powder and salt. Put aside.
- Chop celery, onions and carrots. Place into a large heavy based pot. Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, shape mince into meatballs about 1 teaspoon sized.
- Once soup is boiling, gently place all meatballs in the soup liquid. Stir occassionally till meatballs are cooked through.
- Drain and rinse lentils, then add to soup.
- Simmer soup for around 2 hours, or till onion and celery have 'melted' into soup liquid. Serve.