Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mixed vegetables in tangy and spicy Indian sauce
- 500 g mixed vegetables, cut and boiled (potatoes, peas, beans, carrots and capsicum)
- 1 big onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 2 green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon jeera powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saunf
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red chili pepper
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1 (1 inch) cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil, add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for a minute.
- add chopped green chillies then add Finely chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add coriander powder, jeera powder, chilly powder, saunf powder, and turmeric and garam masala.Fry for a minute.
- add pureed tomatoes to the mixture and fry till the oil separates. Now add mixed vegetables, fresh cream , salt and half of the coriander leaves and allow to cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- remove when the mixture starts leaving oil. Garnish with coriander leaves.Veg kolhapuri goes well with chapathi, jowar or bajre ki roti.