Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
its a favourite among people in chennai...!! please try it and leave your comments.. :)
- 236.59 ml basmati rice
- 4.92 ml oil, for cooking rice
- 59.14 ml finely chopped beans
- 59.14 ml finely chopped carrot
- 236.59 ml shredded cabbage
- 59.14 ml finely chopped capsicum
- 36.97 ml finely chopped green onions
- 22.18 ml garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 36.97 ml olive oil or 36.97 ml refined oil
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 9.85-14.78 ml soya sauce
- salt and black pepper (I used white pepper powder)
- Soak Basmati rice for 15 minutes and cook adding 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and a tsp of oil. Fluff it with a fork and spread it on a plate to cool.The cooked grains should be separate.
- Finely chop beans, carrot, capsicum and spring onion greens.
- Mince garlic and ginger.
- Shred cabbage into thin fine strip.
- Heat oil in a pan, when the oil is very hot, add garlic and ginger, saute for a few seconds.Then add beans and fry for a few seconds, followed by carrot, cabbage, capsicum and spring onion greens. (Add vegetables in the same order).
- All the vegetables should be sauteed on high flame and continuous stirring is necessary as we want the vegetables to be crunchy and not fully cooked.
- Add cooked rice, soya sauce, vinegar, needed salt and pepper. Mix well and serve hot.
- The whole procedure should be done on high flames.
- Chopping the vegetables finely is very important.
- I did not add soya sauce as I prefer to have without it but you can add soya sauce according to your taste to make it more Chinese.
- Adding finely chopped mushrooms along with vegetables makes it even more delicious.
- Using olive oil adds more flavor but you can also use any refined oil. Buy Olive oil which is meant for cooking purpose.