Recipe by grannygina
I got this recipe from a lady at one of our church dinners many years ago. It is very easy to prepare and great for when you want something a little different in the way of vegetables.
- 2 (27 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water chestnuts, coarsly chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder (to your taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt (to your taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 sticks Ritz crackers (I use the wheat ones)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the canned vegetables, water chestnuts and chopped green chilies in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir the soup, Cheez-Whiz ( that has been heated in the microwave in the jar), sour cream, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the butter.
- Blend well.
- Add onion powder, celery salt, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Combine the vegetables and soup mixture.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine crumbled Ritz crackers and remaining melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of the casserole, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Bake in 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly.