Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from Georgia--got it at a Church Dinner. Very simple and good.
- 1 (8 ounce) cancan water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Veg-All, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup cheese, grated (of your choice)
- 25 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Saute in butter celery, onions, and garlic.
- Mix together the sour cream, Miracle Whip, and cheese. Mix the water chestnuts, Veg-all with the celery, onions, garlic, sour cream, Miracle Whip, and cheese.
- Pour into a 2-quart greased casserole dish.
- Top with the Ritz cracker and butter mixture.
- Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes. ENJOY!
Very good, we all enjoyed it. I used regular mayo because I felt the MIracle Whip would add too much sweetness, not what I wanted. Thank You Rose!