Recipe by chia
this is quick and tasty, great served over buttered noodles. i first tried this dish yers ago. it's from my cookbook by pierre franey called 60 minute gourmet, which was compiled from his weekly column in the NY Times, circa 1970s. i apologize if it's not authentic, but it is very good.
- 1⁄2 lb veal, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 lb pork, cut into strips
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- saute veal and pork in oil, set aside.
- saute mushrooms, until brown, add to veal.
- heat butter in skillet, add shallots.
- add wine, reduce to almost gone, add chicken broth and meat drippings.
- cook down by 1/3, add spices and sour cream.
- add meat and mushrooms back to pan to heat through.
- serve with noodles.