Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very quick tasty dish to do, could also use lamb steaks or lamb chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless veal steaks
- 250 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 5 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- To make tapenade, place sundried tomatoes with oil, anchovy fillets, garlic, capers, lemon juice and parsley in a food processor or blender and process to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of tapenade and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add veal and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or cooked until your liking.
- To serve put steaks on plate and top veal with remaining tapenade.
- Good served with steam asparagus spears, broccoli and perhaps a baby chat.
Really good stuff! I used way more garlic. This would be good also with pork, chicken, tuna steaks...
I used our favourite veal cutlets with bone in for this. The tapanade was inclined to scorch on the bottom of my cast iron pan, but this didn't spoil the recipe in any way for us. I scraped it away and turned them to cook the other side, not adding any more as I didn't want to waste it. The tapanade is the star here, and the fresh parsley really lifts it. I will make this again soon thanks Latchy.