Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an Italian Dish my mother has made as long as I can remember. To me it's comfort food.
- 2 lbs veal stew meat (trimmed of fat)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Brown veal and onion in sauce pan with Olive oil.
- Add can of tomato puree and water.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add peas and continue to cook for and additional half hour.
- Enjoy with a crusty Italian Bread.