1/1 Photo of Veal With Orange Sauce
bluemoon downunder's Note:
From fridge to table, a really quick mid-week recipe with only a few ingredients that are readily on hand: veal cooked in an orange and wine sauce. Adapted from 'Colour Me Healthy' by Rita Erlich and Dr Alice Murkies and an earlier recipe of my own. When I came across this recipe in 'Colour Me Healthy', I dug out a recipe I'd had in my very first hand-written recipe book from the early seventies when so many of the influences on Australian cuisine were only just beginning to make a ripple and so many of our recipes were still basically derived from English recipes. Although I suffered English school meals as a child, there really is a lot more to English - and earlier Australian - cuisine than chops and three veg! I am, therefore, posting this as both an English and an Australian recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to a moderate temperature.
- 2Squeeze the orange juice, and set aside.
- 3Grate a teaspoon of orange rind, and set aside.
- 4Dip the slices of veal in flour, then sauté until lightly browned on both sides.
- 5Transfer the veal to an ovenproof casserole dish, and set aside.
- 6Pour the orange juice and wine into the still-hot sauté pan.
- 7Let the orange juice and wine bubble for one minute.
- 8Add the soy sauce and orange zest, then pour the orange/wine sauce over the veal.
- 9Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove the foil, add some freshly chopped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.9
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: