1/2 Photos of Veal With Mushroom Sauce
From Julie Goodwin's (Australia's first MasterChef winner) cookbook Our Family Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place veal between two sheets of cling wrap and beat them with a rolling pin or mallet or I've even used a small frypan until very thin (if they're already paper thin when you buy them, don't bother with this step).
- 2Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large frying pan/skillet over high heat and cook the veal quickly, only about 1 minute on each side, in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan and set aside on a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 3Into the same pan add the remaining butter and the garlic and mushroomns and saute until the mushrooms are browned.
- 4Deglaze the pan with the wine and simmer until it is almost evaporated and then add the stock, cream and mustard and siommer until the sauce reduces slightly and starts to thicken.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper and then pour over the veal, sprinkle with ground black pepper, if you like.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: