Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the back of a deck of playing cards, circa 1969.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs veal scallops, 1/4-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced with rind
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Pound veal flat and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and flour.
- Saute veal scallops, a few at a time, in butter until lightly browned (only a few minutes) in a large skillet. Remove them and keep warm until all are finished. Then return all to skillet, sprinkling each heavily with ginger, tarragon and about half the parsley.
- Quickly add the wine, lemon juice, slices of lemon and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Remove to a platter and sprinkle with rest of parsley and pour sauce over them.