Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Bistro Restaurant, Warrenton, VA.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal scallops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, add veal to skillet and saute until just golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer veal to platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add brandy to skillet.
- Bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Add both stocks.
- Boil until liquid is reduced to generous 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream; boil until sauce is slightly thickened, about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add cheese and whisk until melted.
- Simmer until thickened to sauce consistency, about 8 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over veal.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This is fantastic! Everyone loved it, including my 6 year old! Easy and delicious!