Recipe by Jezski
UPDATE 4/22/09: Made this with chicken tenders and frozen peas and it was very very good. It did need a little more chicken broth to make it saucy enough. Just sub chicken for the veal and follow the recipe. I'm also rethinking the canned peas thing because frozen peas worked well with the chicken, so..... Original post: an elegant and delicious veal recipe. BUT, trust me, it just doesn't taste right made with frozen peas! Gotta go for the canned. Just don't add the peas until ready to serve! I think it is the juice from the can that is needed! I've considered making this with chicken breasts but never have. You think?
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- grind pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento strip (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (17 ounce) candel monte peas (YES, canned)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown veal in butter. Add onions, saute til tender.
- Sprinkle parsley, thyme, rosemary, garlic salt, pepper and lemon peel over meat.
- Pour on liquid from peas. Cover & simmer till tender (about 30 min.).
- At serving time, add peas and heat. Thicken with cornstarch mixed with water. Stir in lemon juice.