Recipe by David04
Veal Pancreas. I actually made this and it was.......different. Tasted good, the texture was a little doughy and it took getting used to.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal sweetbreads
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak sweetbreads in iced cold water for about 12 hours, changing the water regularly, until the water stays clear.
- Place your sweetbread in a pot covered with cold water, optional to add lemon juice or vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Then, quickly cool them down in iced cold water.
- Trim them down and peel the membrane off of the sweetbreads.
- In a saucepan, saute sliced mushrooms in butter. Add cream, red wine, and pepper.
- Add the sweetbreads.
- Simmer until the sauce is reduced about half, for approximately 20 minutes.