1/1 Photo of Veal Sweetbread (Pancreas)
Veal Pancreas. I actually made this and it was.......different. Tasted good, the texture was a little doughy and it took getting used to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak sweetbreads in iced cold water for about 12 hours, changing the water regularly, until the water stays clear.
- 2Place your sweetbread in a pot covered with cold water, optional to add lemon juice or vinegar.
- 3Bring to the boil and let them simmer for a few minutes.
- 4Then, quickly cool them down in iced cold water.
- 5Trim them down and peel the membrane off of the sweetbreads.
- 6In a saucepan, saute sliced mushrooms in butter. Add cream, red wine, and pepper.
- 7Add the sweetbreads.
- 8Simmer until the sauce is reduced about half, for approximately 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Sweetbread (Pancreas)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.5
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 129.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: