Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Veal Pancreas. I actually made this and it was.......different. Tasted good, the texture was a little doughy and it took getting used to.
- Soak sweetbreads in iced cold water for about 12 hours, changing the water regularly, until the water stays clear.
- Place your sweetbread in a pot covered with cold water, optional to add lemon juice or vinegar.
- Bring to the boil and let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Then, quickly cool them down in iced cold water.
- Trim them down and peel the membrane off of the sweetbreads.
- In a saucepan, saute sliced mushrooms in butter. Add cream, red wine, and pepper.
- Add the sweetbreads.
- Simmer until the sauce is reduced about half, for approximately 20 minutes.