1/3 Photos of Veal Steaks With Mushrooms As I Like It!
I made this for dinner today and it was great! It is important to use fresh ingredients. It has to be veal not beef and it has to be fresh rosemary leaves, the taste is surprising – lemon, rosemary, garlic joined together. OK, for diet version you may use turkey steaks. For side dish I just cooked potato in salted water and sprinkle with olive oil. I think it can also go well with rice or mashed potato. The nice thing with this meal is that it is quick; so my advice is to prepare everything in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First you have to prepare everything in advance – everything will be fast.
- 2Cut the mushrooms into thin leaves, grate the lemon zest, prepare the lemon juice, and mince garlic.
- 3Heat the butter (not all) and olive oil and fry (on strong fire) previously seasoned veal steaks until they turn brownish (about 4 min per side). Remove the steaks into warm environment (80-100°C stove) and put mushrooms into the frying pan.
- 4Add some butter and salt mushrooms a bit. Sauté mushrooms about 10 minutes; covered.
- 5Return the veal (with all juices) into pan; add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced parsley leaves and wine into pan and sauté on heavy fire until alcohol evaporates (it takes 2-4 minutes).
- 6At the end add “buerre manie” – a French thing quite simple; melt butter and add flour (you can dry fry flour before to brown it a bit), stir, and than add into a meal to connect juices.
- 7Serve warm with mashed potato, cooked potato, rice, risotto Milanese or pasta. Cherry tomato salad with green lettuce is also nice salad. Of course, use the white wine to drink with the meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Steaks With Mushrooms As I Like It!
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.7
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 187.3 mg
- Sodium 1311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 30.8 g