Recipe by Polly W
This was given to me by my good friend who also loves to cook.I have added a few things to my liking. If you love veal and gorgonzola, you will love this recipe!!I It is easy but oh so good.Serve with my spinach salad and asparagus and you have a WONDERFUL meal !! Don't forget the wine..
- 1 cup canned beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 lb veal scallopini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup tomatoes, roma chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- boil both of the stocks together until reduced by half.
- sprinkle veal with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
- In large fry pan heat 2 tbs olive oil on high heat,,.
- saute veal in small batches about 2 -3 minutes per side then remove to large platter that you cover with foil.Add more oil as needed to cook remaining veal.
- add stock,wine ,cream,tomatoes,basil and tomato paste to pan that veal was cooked inches.
- simmer while stiring often adding the gorgonzola cheese until melted.
- pour sauce over the veal and enjoy !