Recipe by Baby Kato
The veal is flavoured with a sauce made from tomatoes, onion and garlic. What could be easier. Served with a lovely crusty bread and fettuccine.
Top Review by PanNan
I followed the recipe as written. I agree with the other reviewers that dipping the veal in egg rather than milk would be better. My veal crust got a little soggy and didn't adhere well. That said, the dish tasted really good. We enjoyed it a lot. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 453.59 g veal scallops, pounded thin
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 28.39 ml parmesan cheese (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the veal in the flour, salt and pepper mixture.
- Dip in milk, then again in flour, set aside meat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp butter in large pan.
- Add the veal and cook until light brown on both sides.
- Remove veal and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil and butter, the tomatoes, onion, garlic and wine to pan.
- Cook over moderate heat 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook over high until bubbly.
- Add veal to reheat.
- Serve with hot fettuccine and garnish with parmesan cheese.