Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent recipe that our whole family appreciates.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal scallopini
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Cut veal into serving size pieces.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bag and shake with the veal to coat.
- Saute in butter.
- Remove veal and set aside.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms; add lemon juice, chicken broth and wine. Add veal, cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
This was super easy and delicious! I used olive oil instead of the butter and used half of a medium size onion coarsly chopped, and sprinkled a bit of the left over flour mixture (a couple of pinches) over it and let it simmer for a minute or so to thicken it ever so slightly, then added the meat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes (uncovered). I served it over rice. Thanks for the recipe!
This was VERY good! The meat wasn't as tender as I had hoped, so I gave it just 4 Stars. The sauce, however, was EXCELLENT!!! I added a little Garlic Powder. Will most definately make this again! THANKS!!!
We enjoyed this tonight for dinner. The lemon taste came through stronger than I liked but that could be lemons I used. I had to use jarred garlic (1 teaspoon) and the taste came through which we didn't mind, the smell was fantastic. I used 650 grams of veal pounded out (just under the 1 1/2 lbs) and 60 grams butter with a tablespoon of olive oil. One we will try again, a easy week day meal. We served it with rissona pasta and steamed vegetables. Thank you Chef at Large.