Recipe by MizzNezz
A very romantic dinner for two. Serve a green salad and a nice crusty bread. Have a great evening!
Top Review by 'venturous foodie
I made this recipe for my hubby's birthday dinner. Very flavorful-- a fast, yet chic dish! I substituted olive oil for the butter, and contrary to DH's predictions, the marsala sauce still turned out delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces veal steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2t butter in 12in skillet and cook mushrooms and onion until tender (3-4 min).
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Cut veal into 2 serving pieces and flatten to 1/8 in thickness.
- Salt and pepper the veal.
- Add remaining butter to skillet, add veal, cook on med-hi for 1 min per side.
- Transfer to warm plates.
- Add marsala and broth to drippings in skillet.
- Bring to a boil, boil gently for 1 min, scraping up bits in the skillet.
- Return mushroom mixture, add parsley.
- Spoon sauce over veal.