Recipe by Rita~
Tender veal in a mushroom Marsala gravy.With grapes to show that the wine is in this dish and the grapes giving a nice freshness. The mushrooms and grapes make the veal go a bit farther keeping the cost down withor losing any flavor!
Top Review by BarbryT
Another real winner ~Rita~! It is delicious. I cut the recipe in half and had no problems at all in preparing the dish just as directed. I used marsala, which I think has a better (deeper) flavor for meat dishes. The combination of mushrooms and grapes is terrific. Thanks for posting this!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets (cut 1/4-inch thick about 10 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb button mushroom, wiped clean and quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in 1/2
Directions See How It's Made
- Season veal with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl; dust veal with the mixture; reserve the left over flour mixture.
- In a large hot frying pan heat 1/2 the butter and 1/2 the oil cook the veal 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining butter and oil to skillet and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes stirring all the time; add onions and cook for 3 more minutes; add garlic cook 1 more minute; till golden brown; add Marsala wine simmer 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture over the mushrooms and onions stir in well.
- Add beef stock, bring to boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return meat and any accumulated juices to the pan.
- Reheat 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss in the grapes just to coat.
- Serve veal topped with sauce and mushrooms and grapes.