Recipe by Petite Mommy
Veal or chicken sauteed in butter accompanied by fresh green beans, tomates and rosemary. I use chicken for this dish and cut it into bite size pieces. Also, quality vine ripened tomatoes are best or consider using diced canned tomatoes. Hot-house tomatoes tend to taste bitter when cooked. We also use a bit more rosemary and grated, not shaved, parmasan. Serve over penne pasta tossed with a bit of garlic powder, pinch of parmasan cheese and olive oil. (Recipe courtesy of Olive Garden.com)
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I used chicken pieces for this easily prepared and delicious meal, in fact we've already enjoyed it twice, once with pasta and once over rice, equally good both ways. I used a can of diced tomatoes for more of a sauce, and I added a pinch of powdered garlic. Really nice for a good meal quickly prepared after a long day. Thank you for a good recipe, Petite Mommy! Made for Bargain Basement tag Game
- 1 lb veal scallopini (or chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces blanched green beans (or tender)
- 2 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
- salt (as needed)
- pepper (as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the veal in flour (if using whole pieces or toss bite-sized pieces into ziploc and add flour tossing to coat).
- Heat butter in a sauté pan.
- Add the veal, cook 2 minutes (longer for chicken--should be just done when finished), turn, add beans and tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Cook 2 minutes, add wine, let reduce 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to serving plate, top with cheese.