Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts or even pork medallions from a tenderloin in place of the veal. This recipe comes from Southern Living.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs veal cutlets or 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons capers
- parsley sprig
- lemon slice
- Pound veal (or chicken or pork) until flattened to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Compine flour, salt and pepper and dredge meat in mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine) with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook in batches 1 minute on each side (for chicken or pork, 3 minutes per side) or until golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter, wine, and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned particles. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley, garlic and capers and spoon over meat.
- Serve immediately, garnishing as desired.
We really enjoyed this. We made it with chicken instead of veal. A very tasty recipe. Thanks for posting!