Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, quick, and delicious. Although this calls for a cube of butter, I reduce it considerably.
- 24 ounces veal, cut into 12 pieces and pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2⁄3 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne white wine
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- Season the veal with salt and pepper and flour lightly.
- Saute over high heat in butter 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the mushrooms and saute.
- Squeeze the lemon over the mushrooms and veal and add the sauterne and the Marsala.
- Cook quickly until the sauce forms a semi-thick consistency.
This is a good recipe. It comes out well. Personally I feel that it has too much lemon. The other thing is our lemon was large maybe it should have been a small lemon. I have been searching for a recipe for VSAm since I was child that is like a restaurant where I grew up. So far I have not been able to find the right combination. Thank you for another opportunity to try one of your recipes. Made for Photo Tag 2007.