1 hr 5 mins
This is my father-in-law's recipe. He had written it on a small scrap of paper and I thought I should share it before it is lost. Preparation time is based on chopping onions, green peppers if necessary slice the veal to thickness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 lbs veal cutlets, 1/8 inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup red wine (a sweet red preferred)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (vegetable oil is probably fine)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1Mix salt and pepper with flour and roll veal cutlets in mixture until lightly covered.
- 2Heat oil in frying pan and then add veal.
- 3Cook until browned.
- 4Remove veal and set aside in casserole dish.
- 5Add butter to frying pan and fry onions until translucent.
- 6Add garlic, mushrooms and green peppers and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- 7Stir frequently.
- 8Add contents of frying pan to casserole dish.
- 9Add the rest of the ingredients (red wine, consommé, rosemary) to contents of the casserole.
- 10Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
- 11You may or may not need to spoon the liquids over the veal every so often (to keep moist) depending on the size of your casserole dish.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Scaloppine Alla Jack
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.7
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 278.5 mg
- Sodium 1086.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 71.9 g