Recipe by evelyn/athens
a sensational dish for an easy dinner. This comes together in 5 minutes if you have all the ingredients at hand.
Top Review by mozarth622
Short, sweet and easy to prepare. Fallowed the recipe as written and served it with steamed brocoli topped with parmesan cheese. The blend of olive oil,capers lemon, butter and parsley,rendered this dish a pure delight. Thanks
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (3 ounce) veal scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 lemon slices, ¼ inch,halved
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish, stir together flour and salt and dredge veal, one piece at a time, shaking off excess.
- In a large, non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately-high heat until it is hot but not smoking, and saute veal for 1 minute or until pale golden.
- Turn veal and saute 30 seconds more, or until pale golden and just springy to touch.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.
- Add wine, lemon and capers to the skillet and simmer for 1 minute.
- Swirl in butter and parsley and pour the sauce over the veal.
- Serve with buttered rice and steamed broccoli and carrots.