Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Prime Ministers' of Canada cookbook
- 2 lbs veal cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Flatten meat with a wooden mallet or meat cleaver until it is very thin.
- Cut into serving pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
- Heat butter and salad oil in a skillet.
- Add chopped onion.
- Add veal scallops and brown lightly on both sides.
- Add sweet vermouth.
- Cover skillet and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, mace and enough boiling water to make a smooth thick sauce.
- Heat well and serve with lemon quarters, rice pilaf, garlic string beans or creamed spinach.